Wednesday, June 17, 2009

St. Simons Island [day 2 & 3]

Day 2 on St. Simon was all about the Beach! We took our time getting outa the house...which is rather time consuming anyways with 5 under 5! But, we rolled out just in time to pick up some Chick-fil-A for lunch. OMG, was it hot! The sand was burning my feet...and even though I'm not a fan of any water I can't see to the bottom of...I couldn't help but wade in to keep cool!
Ryan just runs right in! Lauren took a little coaxing, but soon wanted nothing to do with hand holding and repeatedly tried to just run right out into open water! LOL...sand...you know where!
Chaila taking the boys out alittle further!
Lambie letting the waves crash on her.
Isabell
[such a ham]
Sydney
[not really loving the whole beach experience]
Lambie snacking on strawberries
Lookie what we found...look close, there's a crab!
Davis & Chaila
After rinsing all the sand off of us and cooling down with a snow cone, we kinda parted ways. Heather & her girls headed back to Savannah, while Chaila and I took the kiddo's back to the beach house for real showers & a quick nap. While we waited for Davis to wake, Chaila and I thought we would enjoy some cocktails out on the deck...Lambie had other ideas!
Force feeding me chips.
Ryan just checking out the view
We finished up the evening with dinner @ Loco's...and after we got home, we tried to snap a few pics before the sun completely set.
Our last day on the island was very mellow...I think we were both dragging out feet packing & getting ready to leave. Really!? How could you be in a rush to leave such a gorgeous place!?
Ryan using me as shading from the sun!
Group shot! Woo Hoo...we got one!
Sneaky little visitor...digging in someones garbage!
There is no way I can thank Chaila & her family enough for their hospitality...with Kailee & Fred leaving within days of each other, I can't think of a better way to lift our spirits! It was such a blast...but then again...with you guys it usually is!
~~~~~
Daddy sent us a couple camera phone pics from Texas/New Mexico

We miss you, Babe! Can't wait for you to get home...

1 comment:

Don't just stalk the blog!

Go ahead...Leave some love!