Saturday, January 23, 2010

Savannah Wildlife Refuge

Yesterday, I spent the day w/Kailee & her science class...on a field trip to the Savannah Wildlife Refuge [even though it's actually in S.Carolina...] First off, I almost missed the bus, trying to get Ryan off to school and Lambie over to our neighbors. [who I am SO grateful for...thanks bunches for watching her...you know who you are!] But, that left me without my much needed Starbucks! I was honestly, half tempted to see if the bus could fit through the drive-thru...but when I suggested this to Kailee, she rolled her eyes and laughed at me! FINE, I guess I'll live...which I did, because the chilly 54degree weather was bound to wake you up!
Learning how to work the binoculars! Searching the net for invertebrates... Logging what they found... Clearly it was too early! LOL "My" group! They rocked!
Not only was Kailee's group the one who found the most 'stuff'! They were also the only one's to find several things...
one of them being THIS...
[if anyone reading this can identify it, that would be AWESOME]
After googling, I personally think it's a baby Mud Puppy...
But, neither the Science teach nor the Conservation tour guide knew what it was!
Goofing around, getting ready to head back to school!
She's got skills...
Back to the grind...busy writing in her notebook, so that she could come home w/me & FINALLY grab Starbucks! LOL
So it was a chilly, dirty, exploring kinda day...which just translates to FUN! I honestly LOVE this kinda stuff. It was really cool to see the kids so into it. Shhhhh...don't tell them they were learning! Anyways, this trip was 1 or 3 the class will be taking, I can't wait for the next one...we are going on a boat trip! Woot!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Don't just stalk the blog!

Go ahead...Leave some love!