Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Out of this World!? Nah, just an Orbit!

So Lambie & I have been very fortunate to have some pretty fabulous mommy/baby gear! Every stroller, diaper bag...etc. I could possibly imagine & then some! I have to thank my awesome hubby for indulging my crazy obsession and putting up with all the buying, selling, storing and in this case, swapping that goes on around here! Some may think it's silly, but everyone has their 'thing' and this just happens to be mine for the moment! ;]
So, without further ado...the newest member to the family:
The Orbit Baby
[which is based in the Bay Area]
And with the "SmartHub" technology the Orbit Baby is a do it all system!
The Black comes stock with Grey, the Lime was included in the swap & I just HAD to have pink! What comes in the Accessory Packs: .cup holder/snack pod, reversible strap covers, reversible seat liner..Pretty in Pink.
We swapped the Bee & it's amazing maneuverability for the Orbit, because Lambie pretty much outgrew the fabulous Mama-La canopy! So I made sure to swap for something w/an equally generous canopy, because the sun in the South is NOT forgiving!
The fold is easy & pretty compact [the bumper bar is removable], but it's a PAIN in the @ss to get in the trunk! If you have a car, this won't be an issue...but, it doesn't 'slide' into the my trunk like the Stokke, Bugaboo...etc do! So I kinda have to wrestle it in and I'm not a fan of that, it's also causing noticeable wear to the hands from the carpet/rubber friction! I'm also not thrilled about the way it pushes, but I've been pretty spoiled. The ride is smooth and it easily navigated the muddy mess around Ryan's hockey rink, but unless you are moving in a straight line...scratch 1 hand steering off your list! Aside from a reversible seat, 1 hand maneuverability is a must...because when you have this many kids, there is always a hand to hold! But, I think the stroller will maneuver better w/the very cool looking Orbit Infant Seat!
However, I am a HUGE fan of these!!!
[Dual cup holders, not usually available on the BEST strollers] But, you know who IS a fan...Lambie!
She asks to ride in it whenever we get out of the car...LOL
And today we got out of the car for a lunch/play date with Melissa & Bella! First, lunch at Houlihans...[Yes, I was craving the Tortilla Soup!] And then we ventured down to Daffin Park, in todays gorgeous [windy] weather!
The moon & a rainbow!
Brrr...when the wind picks up, it gets chilly! But, she REFUSED to put her sweater on! LOL ...and now that Bella is up and running, I think they will be GREAT friends!
It was seriously awesome to see Mel & Bella today. I have REALLY missed my Mama's, our 3 hour lunches and endless shopping sprees! Now, if only Naima would get her booty back from London the trio will be complete! ;] Ps. Mom & Dan...thanks SO much for making the swap, packing it up and shipping it out here!!! You guys are the BEST!

3 comments:

  1. You my friend are addicted! I'm jealous. My hubs isn't as understanding as your is. I had to fight for my double bob. Now I need an amazing single. Suggestions????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so can't wait to see you and push that stroller! Lambie is so fricken cute I can't stand it! Kisses

    Jen-na-na-na!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds, LOTS of suggestions...but you gotta narrow it down! FB me and tell me what you're looking for...light weight, full size, toddler board compatible...etc! I'd love to help you!

    Ne-na, CAN'T wait for you to visit...poor Savannah won't know what it hit it! <3 you...gross!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just stalk the blog!

Go ahead...Leave some love!