Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The highlight of our weekend...

We really didn't do much this weekend...atleast not compared to our usual running around, fun having kinda weekends! We are 10.5 months into this deployment and a weekend 'off' was long overdue...I have to admit the kids loved it! All day...everyday, was spent with their friends! Bike riding, sword fighting, roller blading and in Kai's case...hanging out w/the girls & gossiping! It reminded me...that whether we are on the go or doing nothing at all, my kids are happy & healthy and there isn't much more I could ask for!
We did get a chance to video chat w/Fred! Which was the highlight of our weekend! Oh Em Gee...the kids were being so spastic. Part of it had to do with being excited to see Daddy...but, I think the large majority of their goofiness can be attributed to seeing themselves on the laptop screen! Even my Mom fell victim to the craziness, during her nightly commute chat...lol
Video chatting w/Daddy!
Oh, so in other news...Lambie's crib was recalled MONTHS ago. It wasn't even a drop-side, how crazy is that!? Anyways, I finally got around to using the voucher...with literally days to spare. And I have to give a shout out to my homie Shawna, who helped me schlep this thing home, cause it was too big for my car! But, I absolutely LOVE this crib and I hope we get around to using it! ;] Till then, it's staying in the box...taking up space we don't have in the garage! LOL
'Maybe Baby 2.0'!? Who knows... Simple & gender neutral... Whelp, that's about it. We're just gearing up for Kai's 13th...Yes, 1-3-th birthday. She's off to Cali for a few days, they've got an awesome birthday bash planned for her...then it's back home for more celebrating! ;]

3 comments:

  1. OH what would we do without technology! It really is amazing, what a special treat for you and the kiddos=} Before I actually read what you were saying about the crib, I got a bit excited thinking there was a new baby on the way that I was totally unaware of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NO WAY Kai is about to be 13!!! What is happening to our babies!! Colton will be 2 in less than 3 months!!!! We are hoping to fill a crib!! YAY!!!!! Miss you guys!! I am going to try to come down in Nov its gonna depend on Sean. He has to go to Kansas for a week so I am hoping he will be back. It looks like we are moving next summer. SO much for 2 years. Looks like we just get one before he is back at it! Oh well!! Mayeb we will be back in Savannah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same crib & dresser set & it is BUENO!! I love it. Although Maddie has yet to sleep in it ; )! So glad I checked out your BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just stalk the blog!

Go ahead...Leave some love!