Thursday, January 01, 2009

Kissing 2008 Goodbye

Last year, New Years was a complete miss! Ry & Lambie were sound asleep, Kailee was in California, Fred was vacationing in Iraq and I was scrubbing the bathroom in preparation for my Mom's visit! ANYTHING, would've been better than the way we rang in 2008...but, ringing in 2009 was FABULOUS! Having all my lovins together was more than I could ask for!
We started the night by grabbing dinner at one of our fave Japanese Steakhouses, Masato's! It's so entertaining and keeps the kids quiet through an entire meal! [brilliant] Plus, it must be all the butter they use...cause the filet's are always so tender! [yum]
Who doesn't love watching them cook on the Tepan tables!?
Not the usual Miso...thank god I had Lambie there to eat the mushrooms for me! It's not hibachi without a flaming onion volcano! She gave up on the chopsticks...
Oh boy...he's my little piggie! Isn't she dainty!?
Our gorgeous family! After dinner we ran home, picked up a bottle of bubbly & some sparkling cider, Fred made his delicious salsa & we packed our bags. Then we headed out to the country to spend the rest of the evening with our good friends Bobby & Erica!
Ryan just couldn't wait, so we let the kids light a few sparklers!
Zoey is an even bigger camera whore than me! She's oh so snuggable though!
A couple random black & whites! The bon fire made for difficult lighting!
Rockin' away w/Kailee, Erica & Zoey
An apple a day... Kailee & Salem
[I think she was missing her Mookie] Chewy gooey roasted marshmallows!
It started to get really chilly, so we headed inside for a bit to warm up and pop the champagne!
[hehe Yay! It's bubbly]
Cheers!
Kailee & Bobby doing the 'arm thing'!
Erica was such a good sport about getting spanked at Mario Kart!
[5 x's]
Alright...back outside for more marshmallows, the countdown & lighting off a few fire works!
Kailee being attached by the Kissie Monster BIG SQUEEZE Thanks for holding the stick, Erica!
Now, I can get BOTH my hands covered in Marshmallow Just goofin' around watching the bon fire!
HOT!? Ya, just alittle!
It's midnight!
Awww...they are just too cute for words!
Happy New Year, Baby!
Just collecting my kisses... The boys fave part...pyrotechnics!
[aka...lighting stuff on fire]

I hope that everyone had a wonderful New Year & that this coming year is better than all the others!

Here's to making some fabulous new memories in 2009...

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called "Opportunity" and its first chapter is New Year's Day." -Edith Lovejoy Pierce

1 comment:

  1. What a fun night! And that restaurant sounds sooo good! I can only get Greg to go to those places on my birthday, Bailey is braver with food than he is! lol

    ReplyDelete

Don't just stalk the blog!

Go ahead...Leave some love!