Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hockey Night in Savannah

It's that time of year again...This is our 2nd year of attending the [11th] Annual Memorial Health Hockey Classic. 4 great southern schools competing for the "Thrasher Cup"! Florida State & the University of Florida, Georgia Tech & our family fave the University of Georgia [Go Dawgs]! We are extremely loyal to our Cali teams...but "When in France..."!
A few pre-game pics...
I never thought we'd see a Zamboni in Georgia!
[Resurfacing the ice before the 1st game]
The Hockey Classic lasts 2 nights, with 2 games played each night. The first game of the evening was...
Florida State -vs- Georgia Tech! FSU goalie just standing around...

Perhaps if he'd played alittle more hockey and a done alittle less of this...they wouldn't have gotten their @sses handed to them by Georgia Tech!

Final score: FSU: 2 Georgia Tech: 14

So not a good night to be a FSU fan! [Not sure I've ever seen a hockey score break 10!!!]

Lambie is such a Champ! I can't imagine the evening was much fun for her but she was laid back as always. She spent most of the evening doing this...snackin away!Waiting for the UGA game to start!...cause whatever Sissy does...he has to do too!Georgia working the U of F goalie Snuggin up...cause it got alittle chilly! Almost 5 hours of Hockey later & everyone was getting alittle tired! In all the craziness of trying to get out of the Civic Center I forgot to snap a pick of the final score! Man, it was a good game...3 un-answered first period goals by Georgia, Florida rallied back in the 3rd period to come within 1 of tying the game. But, UGA finished them off with seconds to go, with an empty net goal, after Florida pulled their goalie!

UGA: 7 UofF: 5 Holy cow it was cold when we left the game! [It actually got down to 31 degrees but, I didn't feel like taking anymore pics] Random pic: Like Father...Like Son

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Chele! It's before ever since I've talked to you. I'm glad to see things are going well for you and Your family. I grabbed your link from Jen's Blog... Mind if I keep up on you? I have my blog on private so if you want access just email me your email adress and I'll add you.

    BTW... I am dying with how big your kids are geting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helps if I give you my email... sorry. It's rvirjgordon@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't just stalk the blog!

Go ahead...Leave some love!