Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The case of the missing DS [SOLVED]

I guess I should specify that I'm talking about a Nintendo DS...so you don't think we lost our actual DS [dear son]! LOL So, for almost 2 months now Kailee's DS Lite has been MIA. Partially, her fault for leaving it in Lauren's room...but, mostly my fault for seeing our little Lambie walking around with it and thinking,"It's not on...she can't hurt it!" instead of taking it away! Well, I had this epiphany or mommy intuition...something, that just kept telling me...
"It's in the nursery, it's in the nursery"!
[ya, imagine that in the spookiest ghost telling voice.]
So I dumped out the baskets of toys, pulled the cushions off her rocker/glider, checked in/under and around her crib...etc till finally, I looked behind her dresser...
SURE ENOUGH
...it was on it's side, a white DS, leaning up against the white base board, behind a white dresser! [clearly I am trying to justify having missed it, the 20 bagillion other times we 'swept' her room in search of it]
I was so excited, I couldn't even remember Fred's phone number to call and tell him I'd found it...and when the stupid finally wore off and I got through to him his response was...
"Good job, Honey!"
No enthusiasm...no excitement...just a "Good job, Honey"! Well, he's not raining on my parade...The case of the missing DS is solved! Chalk another one up to Mommy. I think I'll just pat myself on the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just stalk the blog!

Go ahead...Leave some love!