Thursday, July 14, 2011

.37 & 38.

37 weeks & still [frank] breech...
So we decided to go ahead with the ECV [external cephalic version]. Here's how it went...
-Checked into the hospital @ 7:30am
-Changed into a gown & strapped to monitors [fetal HR & contraction]
-Ultrasound just to make sure she was still breech [sure enough, she was]
...waiting...
-IV started [just in case]
-In depth ultrasound for measurements @ 9:00am [Chloe's est. weight 7lbs 9oz]
-Perinatologist & Dr. arrive, nurse & u/s tech still in the room. [a couple random people off to the side 'observing']
-Shot of Terbutaline in the arm [it made me SO jittery...awful stuff]
-Started the version, the Peri pushed her out of my pelvis [u/s], the other Dr. jumped in & they went counter clockwise...so if you invision a clock, she went from her head at 12 - 10 [u/s] 10-8 [u/s] final turn from 8 - 6 [u/s]. It took less than a minute...and was a complete success!
-No Epidural & all of it happened in a normal L&D Suite.
...waiting...
-Monitored for about an hour
-Released home @10:45am
Honestly, I would've done anything to avoid having a c-section...and I tried everything from handstands in the pool, ice packs on my tummy & laying inverted on an ironing board, little miss just wouldn't budge! As painful & scary as the ECV was...it was worth it & I'm thrilled that it worked! I'm also so thankful that Fred was able to be there by my side, it's cliche...but he's my rock.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.7.21.11.
38 Weeks...who knew that labor was just days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just stalk the blog!

Go ahead...Leave some love!